These stuffed baked apples are sure to make your guests come back for more! And, they're super easy to make so you don't have to spend all day in the kitchen!
Stuffed Baked Apples
*Gluten Free *Dairy Free *Vegan
6 large apples
1/3 cup dry oats
1 tsp. ground cinnamon
1/2 cup pure maple syrup
1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
1/4 cup sliced almonds
2 Tbsp. butter (or margarine for vegan option)
dash of coarse sea salt
1/2 cup apple juice or apple cider
1. In a small bowl, combine oats, cinnamon, maple syrup, vanilla extract, almonds, butter, and sea salt. Set aside.
2. Cut off the top of apples and scoop out the insides, making sure to remove all seeds.
3. Peel away some of the skin at the top to prevent splitting.
4. Fill each apple with 1-2 Tbsp. of mixture.
5. Pour apple juice in the bottom of a slow cooker and place the apples evenly across.
6. Cook in the slow cooker on High for 2- 2 1/2 hours.
7. Serve immediately, keep refrigerated.
**Note: You can make these ahead of time and keep them refrigerated until ready to eat. Just heat them in the microwave for 30-40 seconds to heat up.